If you are a person who loves challenges every day, then becoming a UNIX administrator is the best job for you. A UNIX administrator can have diverse functions to perform at one time. This person is a one-stop shop. So, at times, you might have to be the entire IT department. A UNIX administrator can be held responsible to look after the systems, the network, the official website of the organization and providing technical support to the staff.
A UNIX administrator can perform his daily tasks and he is the one who is responsible for the trouble shooting tasks that may arise. It often feels that if you are a creative person, you must study start. But that is not true every time. If you are a creative person, you can be creative in any field. Even a UNIX administrator can be creative. They must deal with new problems every single day. Some trouble shooting issues can be new for them.
A UNIX administrator does need a lot of technical knowledge. He must be a bachelor but a master’s degree can be more helpful. And not just education and experience, this person must be a bucket full of different skills.
UNIX administrator with a diverse experience of 8 years. Individual with a mix of skills such as application management. Responsible for installing, testing and updating the software on systems. Experience ranges from minor tasks such as adding and removing accounts and managing user access to server management such as running back ups and reviewing log files.
Hired and trained staff to configure and use sudo for limiting the use of root access and basic trouble shooting and using commands. Kept updated knowledge of the changing technology and advanced software. Excellent communication skills which helped to understand the requirements of the customers and solve them accordingly. Patience and good listening skills have always helped to educate the customers as people have very little knowledge of the UNIX systems. Well-grounded knowledge in a wide range of UNIX topics and UNIX commands.
My objectives in this role are/were:
- To do basic and advanced level trouble shooting.
- To configure extended services and sharing files with windows systems.
- To configure the network interface and use IP addresses.
My roles in this job are/were:
- To install, test and update the software systems.
- To add and remove accounts and control the user access.
- To run backups, monitor and tune performance.
- To reboot, setup Cron jobs and look after the hardware.
- To manage host based firewalls.
- To help the customers by understanding their issues and solving them.
- To work with permissions, timestamps, owners, and groups.
- To script basics and using it for different commands.
- To set up new file systems, track down large files and search for files using different criteria’s.
- Application management.
- Account management.
- Server management.
- Security management.
- User management.
- Communication skills.
- Leadership qualities.
Preview of Template
UNIX Administrator Resume Template -1
Format: Microsoft Word 2003 & Later
Download | Size 62 KB
[License ENERGY: Not for Commercial Use]