The job of a retail marketing manager is to ensure that companies are meeting their sales related goals and are responsible for handling the marketing budgets, managing the retail teams, solving customer complaints etc. In the world of retail management, the ability to successfully multi-task is highly required. Customer focus, as well as people skills, are also viewed as the prerequisites for success in the retail marketing field.
He manages the stock levels and makes key decisions about stock control. He also analyses the sales figures and forecasts the future sales. The excellent communication skills, as well as good work ethics, are the important characteristics of a retail manager.
The qualities of determination and stress management skills are highly required in order to perform the duties of a retail marketing manager. Good understanding of the work environment and having a keen interest in the work that is happening around is very important for a retail marketing manager.
As a retail manager gained experience of 8 full years. The experience helped in enhancing my management skill which later on got used in performing the managerial duties, e.g. Managing the day to day running stores. My aim was to maximize the profits and at the same time minimizing the costs.
Responsibility was all about providing security in terms of quality work and to see if everything is according to company standards. Monitoring staff was adequate to ensure that staff is doing the best job of working towards the objective every day.
I monitored and ensured that I do well at providing excellent customer care services. For the increased amount of sales, managing and motivating my team was the thing of most importance for me.
- To manage and motivate my team when it comes to increasing sales and efficiency.
- I made decisions about stock control and also managed the stock levels.
- I used information technology for recording sales figures, analyzing data and forwarding plan.
- I dealt with staffing issues, for instance, interviewing staff, conducting appraisals and giving performance-related feedback.
- I provided training and development.
My roles in the job are:
- To support sales representatives in the field.
- Managing catalog and price list production including the photo shoots, creative direction, bid process and press checks.
My roles in the job were:
- Responsibility for handling marketing budgets, solving customer complaints, managing retail teams.
- Responsible for organizing meetings.
- Checking that whether or not the safety and legal requirements are met.
- Responsible for monitoring market trends and keeping a record of competitor activity.
- The ability to motivate the team.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- The ability to effectively plan.
- The skills to manage workloads and delegate accordingly.
- Having focused on work and a keen interest in competitors activities.
- The ability to understand and quickly pick new concepts.
- The quality of being adaptable to the work environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and have good multi-tasking skills.
- The desire to work as a team and achieve the mutual goal in a good manner.