The responsibilities of an online marketing manager vary and depend on the needs of the company. He could be in charge of his online marketing team or responsible for client and partner retention and acquisition. His other jobs include evaluation and tracking of marketing initiatives. He also has to collaborate with designers, work with the sales client support groups and to identify new online marketing trends and opportunities.
He is also responsible for managing and coaching a digital marketing team. The goal and primary objective is to make sure that client’s projects are completed on time and the team also grows and develops continuously.
Brand consistency is quite important and hence ensuring that brand consistency is delivered online and reaches all client accounts is also very important. For a person to make an impact as an online marketing manager, determination and hard work are necessary prerequisites for success. Familiarity with social media is highly necessary. In educational credentials, let’s say a minimum bachelor’s degree in business administration is recommended to land an online marketing manager job.
Determined digital marketing manager with 6 years full-time experience in developing marketing campaigns, making strategies, writing sales copies and organizational skills. Performed daily engagement with seasonal and regular customers. Duties like guiding the marketing staff about the content sharing on social media were executed effectively to achieve good and pleasing results. Responsible for increasing on page conversion using a post-click marketing platform.
In responsibilities and roles for the job are:
- Managing a digital marketing executives team to meet job-related goals.
- Plan, organize and implement client B2B and B2C digital marketing strategies across all channels to make sure that work is done on time and within budget.
- Working with the digital marketing executives for creating an on-site and off-site SEO strategy for the clients.
- Working with graphic designers for creating the B2B and B2C templates for every client.
- Developing and implementing a successful social media community management strategy for the clients on all platforms, for example, Facebook& YouTube, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and Pinterest.
My roles in the job were:
- Defining and implementing a successful and unique strategy based on the online content, for the clients.
- Managed the online digital marketing budget for a number of key clients and brands across various industries.
- Reported various things to the clients such as project progress, on the weekly, monthly and quarterly basis by using Google Analytics and other similar kinds of programs.
My key roles in the job were:
- Creativity skills. Having analytical abilities. Excellent copy and visual storytelling skills. Expertise in paid social media advertising.
- Search engine optimization skills.
- Communication skills (both verbal and writing).
- Time management and project management skills.
- Experience with social media.
- Good understanding of social media.
- Experience with web tools and product launches.
- The ability and skills to bear the workload and work under stressful conditions.
- Time management skills.
- The skill to perform multiple tasks and give pleasing results effectively.