The marketing department is an important part of any business or company. It consists of a number of employees each with specific role and responsibility. One such important role is of marketing interns who provide support in the various task to better understand the nature of the work and gain experience. The internship may be part of degree completion or a starting position for fresh marketing, advertising or communication graduates.
Many fresh graduates opt for marketing intern in order to acquire exposure and experience that will help them in their future jobs.
Marketing intern assists in marketing department functions to attains its different goals. This improves the internet marketing concepts and understanding of basic marketing principles. The internees must be already good at financial analysis, product presentations, advertising and promotional planning and customer services. They must also have good communication and computer skills for proposal and other document preparation which is an important part of the internship.
Administrative duties in developing and implementing marketing campaigns and new product strategies helped increased marketing skills and strategies. Explored various areas of marketing which helped gained experience in various aspects of marketing and promotion. Assisting in planning, designing and managing monthly reports, campaigns and newsletters were essential for improving writing and communication skills.
6 months of experience as marketing internee has helped improve the ability to communicate in a professional manner with clients, managers, and other administrative staff. Frequent use of PowerPoint, Excel and Adobe InDesign during the preparation of reporting documents was the part of every assigned task by the senior management.
- Microsoft office products like PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Proficient in developing attractive and convincing presentations supporting marketing campaigns.
- Good research capabilities for conducting market research for various projects under the guidance of senior management.
- Excellent skills to successfully work and complete tasks in a group reaching deadlines with punctuality.
My objectives as marketing intern are:
- Improve my marketing and management skills to work as an experienced and enthusiastic professional in the future.
- Increase my oral and written communication skills by taking a deep interest in meetings and report making tasks.
- Focus on communication tasks for communicating in a professional manner with clients and customers in the future.
- Firm grasps of the latest technology for planning and implementing successful marketing campaigns.
- Work as marketing internee in a good organization to gain self-motivation, organizational and detailed oriented skills to prioritize, multitask and meet deadlines in the future.
Marketing Intern in ABC Corporation
June 2017 – August 2017
My key roles were to:
- Research and make lists of new products and services introduced by the competitors.
- Design weekly reports in MS word.
- Organized and schedule meetings with customer
- Work and coordinate with advertising agencies to improve advertising campaigns.
Marketing Intern in XYZ Company
June 2016 – August 2016
My key responsibilities were:
- Evaluation of different data for report designing.
- Work on designing advertising materials in Adobe Photoshop and CorelDraw.
- Helped in clerical and administrative tasks to facilitate staff at different levels and gain knowledge of marketing skills at different levels.