A Marketing Director has the responsibility for the directing organizations, marketing activities and oversees the planning, development, and implementation of a fully integrated marketing strategy for the company. He has the key role of taking new initiatives and directing brand strategy, including marketing strategies for new and existing products.
They Work closely with product management team to direct designs of marketing materials and programs. They are also responsible for maintaining a social media presence and directing programs to improve social media reputation and recognition. They initiate various programs for developing and delivering marketing and communications programs of the organization.
Educational requirement is Bachelors or Master degree in Marketing or related fields or a professional chartered marketer (CIM). Strong research and management skills are required for continuous analysis of the environment and consumer trends.
Helping notes to write a professional summary
A Confident, multiskilled and dynamic leader is required for the Marketing Director position. Should have the entrepreneurial mindset for strong direction and shown a good record of success in senior marketing roles previously.
Experience in direct marketing, public relations, sales and promotions projects is essential. The position will require developing marketing strategy by analyzing economic progress; analyzing flow in supply and demand; identifying customers and their current and future needs, and monitoring the competition in the market.
The candidate must have five years’ experience and at least graduate in Marketing or Project management. Must be capable of obtaining market share by developing new marketing plans and programs for existing product leading to a competitive edge in the market.
Must be able to efficiently complete marketing department operational requirements by directing and overseeing the scheduling and assignment process to the employees, and make appropriate following up on work results. Also maintains marketing staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- To take initiatives for new branding
- To direct contracts and agreements with different customers.
- To help and direct implement new procedures and technologies implementation by the IT staff.
- To continuously research and improve hiring, training and other policies and procedures to lead the company in the progress direction.
- To identify and improve areas where the company is behind its competitors.
- Strategic planning
- Should have good qualitative & quantitative research abilities
- Strong interactive marketing skills
- Creative development and media planning
Marketing Director for ABC
Jan 2013 to present
Main Responsibilities are:
- Directed development of interactive, direct marketing, media, creative, sales promotion and PR strategies.
- The hiring of new staff for the marketing department
- Launching of brand-building advertising campaigns
Marketing Director for XYZ Company
June 2012 to December 2012
Main responsibilities were:
- Planning and directing all print and electronic advertising media.
- Directed creative development and production of all advertising materials including content writing for different advertisements and websites.
- Responsible for Hiring process of assistant and clerical staff
- Directing training sessions for newly hired staff.
- Directed design of promotional tracking system which resulted in accurate and timely results reporting.
- Directed promotional trade-up and add-on programs which increased average transaction to 20%.