The underwriters are the individuals who work in the insurance company. Their main job is to determine whether to accept the insurance cover application or not.
The typical job roles that an underwriter is expected to are to assess the risk that a company may face, to seek the information that is needed by the policyholders, to updates the records of all the clients, etc. They are the individuals that have complete expertise in assessing the risks.
The skills which the job demands should be mentioned in the resume. The resume should reflect that the candidate possesses the knowledge about the job duties and responsibilities that he will have to fulfill. A winning resume is always the key to success for an applicant.
Any candidate who wants to work as an underwriter for an insurance company should possess at least graduate degree in the field of accounting or finance. Here is a sample resume that can help you in drafting a well-written and professional looking resume.
An active and devoted underwriter with extensive experience of more than 10 years in the field of insurance. A talented professional with the capability to deliver the error-free high-quality reports and results to the management of the company.
Keenly works to increase the productivity of the company. Highly motivated professional with full expertise in risk assessment and writing policies for the company.
The key objectives of an underwriter are:
- To get a position of underwriter in any established insurance company to achieve a position of tax inspector
- To contribute to the success of the firm that hired me to work as an underwriter
- To boost my skills and potential to make new ways in the career of underwriting
I have worked as an underwriter in [ABC] corporation from [September 2011 to date].
My key roles in this job are/were
- Reviewing the documents to know if they have completed in given amount of time
- To assess the fraudulent and some suspicious activities that can ruin the company in any aspect
- To perform underwriting to all the applications related to underwriting
- To process 10 to 20 requests for insurance per day
- To provide the guidance to the insurance brokers to make them understand the policies and requirements of the company
- To collaborate with other underwriters to take initiatives related to insurance
- Proficient in using MS office suite and operating systems of different types
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Adept at handling IT related tasks
- Self-motivated individual with capabilities to work with diligence
- Able to handle stressful situations
- Fluent in English and French
- Loyal to his work and completely dedicated person
- Possesses a lot of knowledge about the insurance plans and company’s policies
- Possesses the skills to analyze the things logically and critically
- Able to understand the problems quickly and recommend some solutions
Preview of Template
Underwriter Resume Template -1
Format: Microsoft Word 2003 & Later
Download | Size 71 KB
[License ENERGY: Not for Commercial Use]