Supermarket cashiers are given the task to handle the transactions by hiring them for the checkout area of the company. Their main job is to scan the product, to collect the payment from customers, preparing the receipts for the customers and resolving their issues. To get a job on the post of the supermarket cashier, it is important to prepare a resume that includes all the targeted skills and competencies that a job of supermarket cashier requires.
The best way to prepare a resume is to give the details of the skills that you have acquired and to shortlist all the competencies that may be helpful for you while working as a supermarket cashier. Try to prepare the resume in such a way that it can tell the recruiter that how you are going to be a productive and useful employee for his/her organization. The resume should be prepared in a simple format so that the reader can easily understand it. Here is a sample resume for a supermarket cashier that can help you in drafting a resume for yourself.
A goal oriented individual with experience in dealing with the customers for more than 10 years. Presentable skills to demonstrate his expertise in using the complicated equipment to make the process of transaction easier. Skilled in processing the cash without any error.
My objectives are:
- To work as a supermarket cashier in a well-reputed company.
- To boost my skills of dealing with customers.
- To be a proud member of the firm by contributing to its success.
- To develop all those skills in myself that can be useful for my career as a cashier.
I have worked as a [cashier] in [XYZ Corporation] from [August 2011 to date].
My key roles in this job are/were:
- Implementing such a perfect system that can ensure that there is no chance of occurring an error in cash.
- Checking the price of the products on the customers’ request.
- Processing the payments made through credit cards, debit cards, and direct payments.
- Balancing the cash drawers so that there are no discrepancies in the cash.
- Ensuring that the customers are being treated well by the sales representatives of the firm.
- Maintaining all cash points and cleaning all counters.
- Assisting the stock manager in displaying the items of the stock on the shelves.
- Excellent skills of serving the customers.
- Skilled in using scanning machines and identifying the billing information of the items that the customers have purchased.
- Have complete knowledge of different types of payment models.
- Best written and oral skills.
- Adept at identifying the problems of the customers and solving them.
- Very skilled and professional in the field of merchandising.
- Able to learn new things quickly and to implement them in professional life.
- Strong in mathematical concepts and skilled at using those concepts practically in daily routine.
Reference will be furnished at the time of interview.
Preview of Template
Supermarket Cashier Resume Template -1
Format: Microsoft Word 2003 & Later
Download | Size 51 KB
Format: OpenOffice Writer .odt
Download | Size 16 KB
[License ENERGY: Not for Commercial Use]