A secretary could be one of the most important people in the administration as she produces information by transcribing, formatting, editing and copying text, data or even graphics. A secretary is responsible for organizing work by reading and routing emails for correspondence. They are also responsible for collecting information and initiating communication between different personnel.
A secretary plays a very important role as she can be responsible for achieving the company goals. The roles and responsibilities of the secretary can vary from company to company. A boss may seem as the most important person in a company but the secretaries play no less important role. They are responsible for holding everything together. Secretaries are good in maintaining schedules and providing reminders for any meetings. We see secretaries as not the most important people but they even fill up for any vacant gaps when needed. So a secretary may be working as an accountant or even as a human resource executive when needed.
Professional secretary with a very diverse background. Knowledgeable in office management procedures. Proficient in understanding computer software and other office equipment. Excellent in providing customer service and gives attention to details.
Excellent communication skills which have helped to build strong relationships with coworkers, vendors, and supervisors. Good work ethic, always on time and minimum leaves from work. Pleasant and friendly manners with a peaceful phone voice. Event management skills helped to organize and arrange office events and meetings. Making sure that the office agenda has been set before the meeting and that the agenda is communicated to every person attending the meeting.
Written skills have helped a lot to record the minutes of the meetings and draft them into emails and meaningful reports.
- To schedule meetings and conferences.
- To maintain formal records and minutes of the meetings.
- To maintain any records of third party correspondence.
- To circulate the minutes and important findings after the meeting.
- To get an approval of directors over business deals.
My roles in this job are:
- To greet customers and answer any phone calls and reply emails.
- To improve office efficiency by implementing good practices.
- To reply any correspondence from customers and vendors.
- To perform office tasks as needed and required.
- To oversee the daily activities of the office.
- To train the staff on office procedures.
- To schedule appointments and maintain calendars for the directors.
- To discreetly maintain highly confidential information of customers.
- To coordinate workshops, meetings, and conferences.
- To order office supplies and equipment.
My roles in this job were:
- To research for best available vendors.
- To handle office equipment, maintenance, and petty cash.
- To design booklets, newsletters, brochures, and invitations.
- To assist in finding and recruiting better work resources.
- To keep a record of the daily planning schedules.
- Organizational skills to adapt to the changing environments.
- Excellent computer skills including the Microsoft excel and word.
- Diary management and minute taking.
- Ability to prioritize work and time management skills.
- Report compilation.
To be provided on demand.
Preview of Template
Secretary Resume Template -1
Format: Microsoft Word 2003 & Later
Download | Size 54 KB
Format: OpenOffice Writer .odt
Download | Size 31 KB
[License ENERGY: Not for Commercial Use]