A person who enjoys negotiating and is good with numbers is the perfect candidate to work as a purchasing manager. Purchasing managers are responsible for buying the best quality equipment, goods, and services. They should make sure that they get the best prices for the deals they make.
They work in various fields such as supply chain management, procurement, and other management departments as well. A purchasing manager can help save the company a lot of money by effective negotiation, networking and finding the cheapest vendors. A purchasing manager also deals with other factors such as sustainability, ethical issues, and risk management.
The level of education for a purchasing manager differs in various industries. A degree in business will be very helpful for a purchasing manager. Most of the companies appreciate a candidate having the knowledge related to the field. Besides a full-time, degree, professional certifications are also available which can come in handy. A purchasing manager should be a good negotiator as well.
A target driven individual who can liaise with suppliers, manufacturers, and the internal departments. An experience of 5 years in purchasing the best quality materials at cheaper rates. Capable of building strong and lasting relationships with local and international clients.
Provided training to the staff to achieve their best potential on a team and individual basis. In the last 2 years, lead a team of 10 people, who were trained to work hard and achieve the mutual goals. Passionate about continuous improvement, cost-cutting, and high-class customer service. Turned around under-performing and disorganized purchasing functions into profit-making processes.
My objectives in this job are:
- To provide an uninterrupted supply of materials for company production.
- To research and find alternative sources of supply.
- To maintain cordial relations with the suppliers.
- To negotiate the best prices at the best cost.
My roles in this job are/were:
- To forecast the level of demand for products & services.
- To maintain and analyze the stock levels.
- To research for best suppliers in terms of quality and prices.
- To build relationships with customers, vendors, suppliers and internal departments.
- To understand the needs and demand of existing customers.
- To explore new and potential clients.
- To negotiate the contracts and monitor the value of service provided.
My roles in this job are/were:
- To process payment and invoices.
- To document contract files and use them as a reference in future.
- To forecast the pricing trends and their impact in the future.
- To prepare analysis and presentations about market analysis and growth trends.
- To develop a purchasing strategy.
- To prepare reports and statistics using computer software.
- To liaise with the suppliers and make efforts to align the objects to attain future goals.
- To attend meetings and trade conferences.
- Communication skills including the written and oral.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- Understanding and maintaining work relationships with multiple clients.
- Ability to analyze facts and figures.
- Negotiation skills.
To be provided on demand.
Preview of Template
Purchasing Manager Resume Template -1
Format: Microsoft Word 2003 & Later
Download | Size 57 KB
[License ENERGY: Not for Commercial Use]