If you are a people’s person who likes taking care of humanity and have organizational skills, then the medical administration could be your career. Medical administrators are also known as medical assistants or medical secretaries. They perform a variety of clerical tasks for doctors, insurance companies, and the hospital. No formal degree is required to work as a medical administrator but a training can be helpful to prosper in this field.
Medical administrators work as a support staff to manage the activities of the doctors. They are responsible for answering phone calls, schedule appointments for the patients and manage medical records. The physicians need to process a lot of paperwork every day and medical administrators do all these tasks on their behalf. They process insurance forms, prepare reports and help the doctors with their medical presentations. Using the experience, the medical administrators provide customer service, record medical histories and prepare a schedule for the patients.
Medical administrators do all the clerical work such as bookkeeping of the records, billing the patients, maintaining their health records and paying any invoices. These administrators should be well equipped with the knowledge of spreadsheets and medical software. They should also know how to use fax machines and computers.
Medical administrator with an experience of 8 years in supporting and managing the medical activities of the hospital. I have prepared a budget for the hospital management and budget reports monthly. Excellent communication skills to liaise with the doctors, nurses, and patients. Ability to understand the needs and requirements of the patients and schedule their appointments with the respective doctor.
Experience in handling medical software and maintaining patient records for the future reference. Communication skills to manage the hospital staff. Well-equipped knowledge of the medical industry. Organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure and emergency situations. A polite and peaceful personality to keep the staff and the patients calm under stressed situations.
My objectives in this role are/were:
- To monitor the hospital budgets and prepare reports.
- To maintain the medical staff and patient’s records.
- To track the medical and office supplies.
My roles in this job are/were:
- To check in the patients at the front desk.
- To answer any phone calls and provide the required information.
- To schedule the patients for appointments with the doctor.
- To collect information like the medical history from the patients before referring a doctor.
- To compile and maintain the medical records.
- To process any insurance payments.
- To maintain the hospital and clerical office supplies.
My roles in this job are/were:
- To provide support in emergency situations.
- To ensure compliance with health regulations.
- To liaise with the medical staff to identify inefficiencies in the system and to improve them.
- To answer queries from doctors, nurses and patients.
- To keep a record of the hospital expenses and consider ways to reduce the costs.
- To monitor hospital budgets and prepare monthly reports for senior management.
- Organization skills.
- People management.
- Medical soft wares.
- Spreadsheets and accounting soft wares.
To be provided on demand.
Preview of Template
Medical Administration Resume Template -1
Format: Microsoft Word 2003 & Later
Download | Size 70 KB
[License ENERGY: Not for Commercial Use]