A mailroom supervisor manages the mailing department of an organization. He/She has more work to do with the incoming emails rather than the outgoing as he sorts the incoming emails and distributes them to the connected person. Companies receive bulk emails everyday which contains confidential information. The mailroom supervisor should be a trustworthy person who can maintain the confidentiality.
The supervisor supervises the work of the clerks who will open, sort and route any incoming emails and prepare outgoing items for emails. Training the employees should be the priority of the supervisor as it will help the staff to work effectively and avoid any processing errors. The mailroom supervisor may also need to oversee and order the office supplies. Here is the resume for this job post.
5 years’ experience of handling day-to-day functions of the mailroom including sorting and dispatching the incoming and outgoing emails. Distribution of letters was also included in my responsibilities. Maintained records of the emails received and distributed. Good communication skills helped to build relationships with other staff due to which coordinating tasks becomes easy.
Good time management skills and the ability to perform under stressful situations. An energetic, reliable and result oriented individual with working experience in diverse work environments. Conducted interviews for various individuals in the mailroom and maintained records about hiring and performance evaluations. Maintained records of office supplies ordered and tracked the postage expenses. As a mailroom supervisor, cost control was one of my priorities as keeping the cost within the budget is very important.
My key skills/objectives for this job are:
- To supervise mailroom management.
- To train and educate the mailroom staff.
- To record and document any ingoing and outgoing emails.
- To design and implement new work strategies.
- To implement procedures and policies and follow the standards.
- To review any discrepancies in work and take measures to improve them.
XYZ Postal Service
My roles in this job were:
- To maintain attendance records and verify the accuracy of records.
- To provide immediate supervision to the staff, assign and review work at regular intervals.
- To organize and coordinate ongoing emails.
- To distribute mail and packages.
- To handle courier services and shipping matters.
- To perform staff scheduling.
- To conduct mail services issues.
ABC Mail Services
My roles in this job were:
- To ensure all processed items are mailed on time.
- To maintain records of the ingoing and outgoing emails.
- To maintain and establish appropriate work standards.
- To estimate time and cost of each task and calculate any variances.
- To sort emails and packages according to the specific area.
- Knowledge of management skills for resource allocation.
- Leadership techniques.
- Customer services.
- Planning and distribution skills.
- Analytical thinking.
- Attention to details.
- Self-control and stress tolerance.
- Compliance with standards and procedures.
To be provided on demand.
Preview of Template
Mailroom Supervisor Resume Template -1
Format: Microsoft Word 2003 & Later
Download | Size 51 KB
Format: OpenOffice Writer .odt
Download | Size 23 KB
[License ENERGY: Not for Commercial Use]