Inventory analysis has become a very important thing these days as the knowledge of what is in the stock and how much should be replenished to meet the demands is very important. Inventory analysts are operations research analysts who are working in the retail, wholesale and the manufacturing sectors, where they maximize production by keeping the right amount of materials on hand to maximize the production.
An inventory analyst is also responsible for allocating resources by keeping in mind the business trends and they also forecast the future sales. Dealing with existing vendors and seeking out new vendors is also the responsibility of the inventory analyst.
An inventory control analyst should be a trained individual with a degree in business or supply chain. A degree in economics or even finance can help. They should have strong communication and negotiation skills as they need to settle best prices with the vendors.
I have 8 years of work experience in inventory management where I was responsible for developing work processes which improved inventory control and removed any discrepancies from the process. Good time management skills and extensive knowledge of project management, inventory control management, cycle counts, and business analysis. Ability to multi-task and build strong relationships with the vendors and customers due to excellent communication skills.
Understanding of different IT skills and use of software to maintain inventory. Ability to work independently and in a team. A performance driven approach which has a positive impact on the organization. A visionary strategist with a solid grounding in all aspects of inventory management, operations and expertise in current and emerging technologies.
- To devise long-term strategic plans for inventory management.
- To analyze organizational infrastructures.
- To introduce and train staff with new technologies.
- To executive plans such as shipping, receiving and procurement assignments.
Inventory Control Analyst HYG May 2015 to present
My roles in this job were:
- To manage inventory tasks and oversee any discrepancy in the inventory management system.
- To evaluate existing inventory control procedures and make any changes if required.
- To arrange and organize the inventory reports.
- To train new staff in inventory department.
- To develop and implement new inventory management strategies.
- To review and audit daily count cycles.
- To develop and implement warehouse receiving procedures for office personnel.
- To train the warehouse receiving staff.
- To establish standard policies and procedures for ordering, storing and maintaining inventory.
- Improved the inventory management cycle from 60% to 75% by devising and implementing effective policies.
BGD Logistics June 2013 to August 2014
My roles in this job were:
- To reorganize the structure of warehouse to ensure effectiveness and efficiency.
- To help the team to standardize the inventory management procedure.
- To conduct quality assurance, check on the inventory.
- To train the staff on the maintenance of inventory.
- To ensure the compliance of policies and procedures for inventory management.
- Analytical skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Communication skills.
- Decision-making skills.
- Time management skills.
- Computer skills.
- Presentation skills
- Negotiation skills.
To be provided on demand.
Preview of Template
Inventory Control Analyst Resume Template -1
Format: Microsoft Word 2003 & Later
Download | Size 53 KB
Format: OpenOffice Writer .odt
Download | Size 31 KB
[License ENERGY: Not for Commercial Use]